About Me

My photo
This is a page about Zachary David Stafford born March 2, 2008!

Daddy making me laugh!

Fun in my excersaucer!

Nana and the boys at Halloween!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 26, 2008

Zachary is doing well today. They took the stitches out of his head this morning and it looks so much better! Ken and I looked at the ultrasound results from his head scan and it turns out that 30% of the left side of his brain is damaged from the bleed that he had earlier in his life. It also showed that the ventricles are still swelling up and they are doing ventricular taps on him to drain the fluid when it builds up. The doctor told us that he can almost guarantee that he will need a shunt placed for the rest of his life. We appreciate all of the prayers and kind thoughts through this process! We all need to remember that these doctors are practicing medicine and that there is only one who knows what his life will be like. We all need to keep our faith strong and trust that God will have mercy on him.

3 comments:

Wini Samstag` said...

Hi Jenna and Ken,

I have been following Zachary's progress and have been praying for all of you. For health for Zachary and for courage and patience for the rest of you. Also for little Camden as he is too young to know what is going on. I know he is being well cared for, but I have still been concerned about him and I am so glad to see that he was able to come in to see the baby.

I anxiously await news each day and want you to know that I love you all. I haven't written anything sooner as I just figured out how to do it.

Love, Grandma

Angie said...

Hello. You do not know me, as I received your blog from a friend enlisting prayers. I will be praying for all of you!!

I wanted you to know, in specific response to the entry about a shunt, that I had a dear friend in college who had a shunt in her brain, and she was fully functional! So take heart! If God allows this outcome for Zachary, you will still enjoy your child as any parent would - well, maybe you would have slightly more appreciation and adoration after all you've been through!

May God comfort and bless you all,
Angie in Tennessee

Diane said...

Hi Guys!

I just wanted you to know that Marshall and I think of you all often!

Please let us know if there's anything we can do...or anything that you need!

Take care!

Marshall and Diane