About Me

My photo
This is a page about Zachary David Stafford born March 2, 2008!

Daddy making me laugh!

Fun in my excersaucer!

Nana and the boys at Halloween!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 6, 2008

Sorry its been so long. As you can imagine, its hard to keep this thing updated everyday with all that's going on. Zachary has been doing okay. They took him off of the ventilator last week and had to put him back on it Saturday night. They said that he was trying to hard to breathe and they wanted to give him a little break. I have been sick this week so I'm back in Fayetteville by myself trying to relax and get better so that I can be with Zachary again! Zachary had some professional pictures taken on Sunday afternoon by two photographers that donated their time to do free pictures for families in the NICU. It was so wonderful! They said it would be a couple of weeks before we would have them but I will post them the second I do! Since we have arrived at UNC, Zachary has doubled in weight! He now weighs just under 1600 grams! That's 3 lbs 7oz. ! The doctors have told us that he will definitely need to have a shunt placed for the swelling and he will have that his entire life. We are bummed out but we knew that it was a possibility. He will still be able to have a normal life with the shunt, he just can't play any high contact sports. We are still in the clear from the meningitis and as soon as he finishes his antibiotics, they will place the shunt and send us back to Cape Fear Valley in Fayetteville. We are so blessed that he is doing so much better! I will try and be better at updating you all! We love you!

2 comments:

Jer and Linds said...

Hey Jenna- I just want you to know we think of you and pray for you and your family every day. We check this page all the time, and I just want you to know that I am here for you if you ever need anything. Congratulations on your precious beautiful baby, and God will work miracles on him! Happy upcoming mother's day, and we will keep praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!