About Me

My photo
This is a page about Zachary David Stafford born March 2, 2008!

Daddy making me laugh!

Fun in my excersaucer!

Nana and the boys at Halloween!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another surgery...

As you know, Zachary went into surgery last weekend to have his shunt revised. Against my better judgement, I went ahead and took him home on the doctors orders. Yesterday morning after a feeding, Zachary started to choke and I called 911 to take him to the hospital. When they assessed him, they told me I had waited too long to bring him into the hospital and that his shunt was not working properly and he needed immediate surgery. They took him into surgery yesterday afternoon and he did beautifully! I can definitely tell a difference this time. One of the signs that the shunt isn't working properly is that his eyes will look downward consistently. Now after the surgery, I can see his beautiful eyes and he just looks so much healthier. He now has two shunts. One on the left, and one on the right. We are so thankful that the Lord can speak wisdom into us and next time, I'm not going to ingnore it. Thank you all for your continued prayers for Zachary and his health!

No comments: