About Me

My photo
This is a page about Zachary David Stafford born March 2, 2008!

Daddy making me laugh!

Fun in my excersaucer!

Nana and the boys at Halloween!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30, 2008


Hello everyone! I just wanted to update you on the spinal tap that Zachary had today. They started this procedure to try and relieve some of the pressure in his brain caused by the spinal fluid. They were able to draw 6cc's of fluid which is great. However, we won't know if it was from that region of his body until they do another head scan. They are going to do two more spinal taps before wednesday and then a head ultrasound on wednesday to see if that helped. If this doesn't work then he will be transferred to another hospital and have a reservoir inserted in his skull. We are so thankful for our prayer warriers and we ask that you really kick it into high gear these next few days that he won't have to undergo anything like that. We know how powerful God is and when people team up together and pray, miracles happen!! We will keep you updated on that. On a much more exciting note, I GOT TO HOLD ZACHARY IN MY ARMS TONIGHT!! PRAISE GOD! He weighs 1 lb 7.6 oz and I'm not usually allowed to hold him at this weight. The nurse was changing out his bed and allowed me to hold him while she made the switch. I tell you, God new I needed that! There is nothing like looking at your child through glass for a month and finally getting to hold him! We love you all and will keep you all posted!

2 comments:

cgwinnwest said...

Jenna~ The new pictures look AWESOME, I can really see the weight piling on! We are continuing to pray for you guys ALL the time! May God continue to bless your family!

Sarah said...

What a precious baby boy you have. This blog is so wonderful because I think about him every day! We are praying hard for you all.